Thank you for interest in employment with the City of Manhattan.
Please use the links on this page to view current job openings with the city. We only accept applications for positions that are currently open and advertised.
Our online employment site allows applicants to easily search and apply for open positions.
The City of Manhattan prefers you apply via our online employment application.
If you are unable to apply online, you may pick up an application from the Department of Human Resources at 1101 Poyntz Ave. between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date on our employment opportunities page.
People requiring assistance should contact the city’s Department of Human Resources at (785) 587-2443.
The City of Manhattan is an equal opportunity employer.
YOUTH BASEBALL UMPIRE
Officiates at Youth Baseball events, games, or competitions, to maintain standards of play.
1. Makes calls and instructs players on the rules of game during games
2. Provides communication to and from coaches and participants.
3. To show an interest in the players.
4. Inspect sporting equipment and/or examine participants in order to ensure compliance with event and safety regulations.
5. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, Department personnel and the public, and to deal with them in a courteous and tactful manner.
6. Maintains a safe and positive playing environment.
1. Must be available to work Monday through Thursday evenings.
2. Familiar knowledge of baseball and the games rules and regulation.
3. Strong oral communication skills.
4. Ability to supervise and maintain control of the games.
5. Ability to effectively communicate principles of good sportsmanship.
6. Ability to concentrate in a situation with many possible distractions.
7. Ability to make decisions quickly and fairly.
Certification highly encouraged. Details can be found at following website:
Closing Date: Until Filled
Your privacy is very important to us. We will never give your information to anyone. Period.