Thank you for interest in employment with the City of Manhattan.
Please use the links on this page to view current job openings with the city. We only accept applications for positions that are currently open and advertised.
Our online employment site allows applicants to easily search and apply for open positions.
The City of Manhattan prefers you apply via our online employment application.
If you are unable to apply online, you may pick up an application from the Department of Human Resources at 1101 Poyntz Ave. between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date on our employment opportunities page.
People requiring assistance should contact the city’s Department of Human Resources at (785) 587-2443.
The City of Manhattan is an equal opportunity employer.
Youth Soccer Official Seasonal / Part-time
Referee the game of soccer.
1. To see to it that the sporting event takes place in accordance with the rules of the game.
2. To intervene as little as possible and not make themselves the center of attention.
3. To establish and maintain a good atmosphere so as to make the event as enjoyable as possible.
4. To show an interest in the players.
Matches are played Monday through Thursday evenings, Saturday (mornings, afternoons), and Sunday (afternoons).
1. Familiar knowledge of soccer and the games rules and regulation.
2. United States Soccer Federation (USSF) certified or ability to become certified within a year of hiring.
3. Ability to concentrate in a situation with many possible distractions.
4. Ability to make decisions quickly and fairly.
5. Demonstrate the ability to manage conflicts.
Certification highly encouraged. Details can be found at following website:
Salary: $12.00/hour - $16.00/hour Open Until Filled
Your privacy is very important to us. We will never give your information to anyone. Period.